Monday 21 September 2015

Ditch The Excuses!

 
I'm in the playground waiting for my son to finish school and there is always a conversation between mums about losing weight and who is on a diet.  I find it very hard to join in to these conversations.  If I do all I hear are the following;
 
It's easy for you.
You're so lucky.
I wish I was like you.
You don't need to diet.
 
These are the most annoying things for me to hear.  I actually resort to getting out the above photo to prove that actually I started somewhere too. They all seem to forget what I looked like when my son started school 5 years ago.  I wasn't fit, healthy or in good shape. 
 
My point is ladies is ditch the excuses.  Stop comparing yourselves to other people.  Stop comparing your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 10.  Don't say these things to other people.  Majority of people that you think are really lucky and have it easy have actually worked hard and are still working hard and staying dedicated to get where they are and where they want to be.  You're not just going to be born fit, healthy and athletic.  YOU have to put in the work yourselves. 
 
Everybody Starts Somewhere!
 
 So stop judging and start asking. 
 How did you do it?
Do you have any tips?
What is your diet like?
How long will it take?
 
Be prepared for the answers though.  If I reply then you are likely to hear it's not a quick fix.  It won't happen over night and you will have to put the work in.  Good news is you can probably eat more than you think and stop boasting that you've only eaten a ham roll today.  If you want the body, the fitness levels or the healthy lifestyle someone else has and they give you real advice then take it.  Don't just go back to your yo yo dieting and no exercise. Take a step out of your comfort zone and go for it. 
There's no limit to what you can achieve, so go get it!
 
 
Monday Morning Motivation
 
Wake Up Early
Take 5 mins to just breathe & have a hot drink (hot water & lemon is great first thing)
Think Positive Morning Thoughts
Give yourself 1 thing you want to achieve today
Read some positive affirmations, inspiring stories, motivational quotes
Have a healthy breakfast to set your day up right
Put on your workout clothes & don't change until you've worked out (not always possible but can always do this straight after work)
Go for a walk (walk to work or cycle)
Remember if you want things to be different then you have to do something different
Just be happy, don't put too much pressure on yourself and share a smile. You never no who you might motivate today!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment