Friday 4 September 2015

No Excuse Workout


No excuses time! 
A quick upper body circuit that even mummy's can join in
It won't take a lot of time to do this. I squeeze in a 30 minute strength workout every other day at the moment. That includes a little warm up. 
I'm a single mum of 2 who hasn't had a full nights sleep in a long time. Let me tell you this,  finding time is not impossible. Mind over matter! 
Plus i actually find doing a 30 minute workout makes me so much happier and more energised than not doing one.  Working out in the morning gives me a positive attitude and I make better choices for the rest of the day. 

A favourite quote of mine that got me motivated at the beginning is:
Work out first thing in the morning before your brain figures out what you're doing!

This is true.  I find the longer I leave it on the day the more excuses I make up. I'm too tired, I haven't got time, my body aches, oh it doesn't matter.  I end up making bad choices with food. Working out first thing for me just sets me up for a good routine for the day. I'm a lot happy and that shines through on to everyone else. 

HOW TO DO THE WORKOUT! 

• Warm up for 3-5 mins - This may be star jumps or jogging/skipping on the spot. 

• Do each move the number of reps it says. 

• For push ups place your self over your baby. 
Do it on your knees if easier (I do ☺)
Count each rep out loud. Your baby will love this and give her a kiss each time. 

• For bent over rows and shoulder press I use my baby. She laughs so much. She loves being my workout partner. Please don't use your baby if they are unhappy. You know your baby. You can use filled water bottles or food cans. 

• During tricep dips, I put my hands on a chair and knees bent in front. Baby lies on my mat between my feet. Be careful. Do slowly. 

Repeat 4 times. Or set a timer for 10 mins and see how many rounds you can do!

Enjoy. If you have any questions please leave a comment or head over to instagram or twitter 

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment